Monday 9 April 2012

EXTENDED VEGGIE PATCH



Well the long Easter weekend is almost over and we have achieved a heap on the house renovations! Part of the renovations was the extension of the veggie patch! We have quadrupled the growing space with another lot extension's coming once some tree stumps have been munched out! It's very exciting as I have been able to plant  my herbs, and some of my fruit trees that have been waiting patiently in pots since we have moved in! Looking forward to my seedlings reaching a good size so I can transplant them into the patch - especially now i have my mini hot house! I have onions, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi, silver beet, spinach, beetroot, celery, celeriac, parsnip, kale, carrot, garlic, rocket, and lettuce sprouting away nicely.


Looking forward to a bumper crop. Especially this summer now I have a lot more space! I thought we did quite well this previous summer but with all the extra space I'm hoping that my grocery bill with have reduced dramatically! The chookies are doing well and thanks to their poop my compost bin is now full so hopefully this will be ready for spring! Well happy gardening and hopefully your winter plot is looking as lovely as mine - it's just screaming soup especially with this lousy weather we have had today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D