Monday 23 July 2012

HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE

This is a wonderful way to use surplus tomatoes. In my case I used tinned as we are out of tomato season in Melbourne. I have been trying for a while to find the right recipe that tastes as close to bought sauce as possible, as my husband devours T sauce! the recipe made quite a bit so next time I will half it (unless you use the stuff everyday or drink it for breakfast?)

click here for the recipe > tomato sauce recipe


All the spices. I used smoked paprika instead of regular paprika like the recipe called for. I also put a few extra cloves of garlic in. next time i would tie all the spices up in a bouquet-garni to make the spices easier to fish out.

A couple of bottles of the finished product. The end result was a little over 2 liters of sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D