Saturday 16 February 2013

UPSIDE DOWN NECTARINE CAKE

I love cake...I love anything desserty...The original recipe is for pineapple, but when we were travelling we came across a nectarine tree and I made this cake with them. Today I also didn't have pineapple but I also wanted to make it with spelt. So feel free to use either spelt or plain flour. I have changed the original recipe significantly to suit what I had in the house, the original ingredients will be in brackets. 

Topping:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup golden syrup (brown sugar)
3 nectarines (3 slices pineapple)
Cake Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1.5 cups spelt flour (1 cup self raising flour and 1/2 cup plain flour)
1/2 cup sour cream (milk)
(2 tsp baking powder)

Preheat oven to 180 C and line a 24 cm baking dish. Mix the butter and golden syrup for the topping and line the base with it. Slice nectarines and layer them on top of butter and golden syrup mix. Cream butter and sugar for cake with the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time and then mix in the sour cream. Fold in the flour and baking powder and pour on top of the nectarines. Bake for 35-45 minutes until skewer comes out clean. Can be served with cream for extra decadence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D