Saturday 2 March 2013

TWISTED CHEESECAKE

This cheesecake was deliciously light and delicious! The best I have ever made or eaten. The combination of cheeses surprisingly work well! Give it a go an surprise yourself and your guests!

BASE
1 packet shortcrust biscuits crushed
1/4 cup melted butter

FILLING
250 g mascarpone
1/4 cup danish feta (the smooth feta) passes through a sieve (you can also use goats chevre)
300 mls pure cream
300 mls sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 vanilla beans scraped
1 tbs gelatin
4 tbs boiling water

TOPPING
2 cups frozen raspberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbs gelatin

Make the base by combining the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and pressing into greased spring form tin on the bottoms and sides.

Make the jelly topping by simmering the raspberries and sugar together. once liquid add gelatin and pass through a sieve to get rid of the raspberry seeds.

Add gelatin and water together and give a stir, allow to melt. Whip mascarpone and feta with sugar and scraped vanilla bean seeds until light and fluffy and sugar is dissolved. Add sour cream and whip until combined and then the cream and gelatin. Do not over whip at this stage as you do not want it to curdle.

Pour filling over base and jelly over that and refrigerate overnight.




2 comments:

  1. Why is this called the "Twisted Cheesecake"? No matter; it is making me very hungry now, LOL!

    I'm looking forward to meeting you at the next swap as I found that I can tick off many of the points on your "About Me" list :)

    Can I share your blog on our blog roll at croydonfoodswap.wordpress.com? I think the members who stop by could be inspired by your plantings and harvests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, because of the feta cheese, something not usually found in sweet treats!

      I'm looking forward to attending, I have been looking for a local food swap for quite a while and it would have been very hand over summer when there was way too much food coming out of my garden!

      Feel free to share my blog, all the info is local so hopefully it will help some people out :D Thanks heaps for stopping by and I am looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks time :D

      Delete

Please leave a comment :D